Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a Level 2 Congenital Heart Disease Cardiology Centre and provides extensive services in cardiology and additionally national specialist services such as pulmonary hypertension and heart/lung transplantation.
Cardiology services include:
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Catheter intervention (including closure of Atrial Septal Defects and Patent Foramen Ovale)
- Coronary intervention (regional heart attack centre)
- Complex structural interventions (including TAVI, paravalvular leaks, mitral valvuloplasty, septal ablation)
- Electrophysiology services (including ablation, complex pacing and devices) and advanced imaging including cardiac echo, MRI, CT and SPECT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography).
The congenital heart service also works closely with the Cambridge University Hospital high risk pregnancy service and clinical genetics.
15 adult cardiac surgeons operate on adult acquired disease. No paediatric or adult congenital surgery is offered.
3 congenital cardiologists.